Responsible Service of Alcohol House Policy
Woronora River RSL & Citizens Club has a policy to serve Customers in a responsible, friendly and professional manner and in doing so enforce the strategies of Responsible Service of Alcohol by:
- Implementing, monitoring and modifying on an ongoing basis, the Club House Policy
- Preventing underage drinking by insisting on valid identification for all persons who look under 25
- Preventing intoxication by recognising the signs of intoxication and avoid serving anyone to the point of intoxication. The state of intoxication can be described as a state in which, through intoxicating liquor, a person has severely lost the normal control of their physical and or mental faculties
- Denying entry to persons already intoxicated, or asking any person to leave the premises, if they feel that person is intoxicated
- Managing intoxicated anti-social or disruptive patrons
- Supporting safe transport options
- Abiding by various Government Acts, which control the sale and service of alcohol eg. No shots after 10.30pm, or sale of take away after 10.00pm
- Implementing our principle focus which is to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable, friendly, trouble free environment.
This policy will be adopted by all staff in the best interest of all patrons.
Woronora River RSL & Citizens Club has a Policy that outlines how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles set out under that Act.
Woronora River RSL & Citizens Club is, from time to time, required to collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information relating to individuals (including, but not limited to, its customers, contractors, suppliers, the Sutherland and Miranda Liquor Accords and employees) in the performance of its business activities.
Further information regarding these obligations can be obtained by contacting our Club Secretary on:
► Phone: 9521 2341
► Email: email@example.com
► Postal: 118 Prince Edward Park Road,
Woronora, NSW, 2232